The “Eiffel” Excellence scholarship programme launched by France’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Internatonal Development is now open for applications. International students, submit your applications before December 2nd 2021!
The Eiffel excellence scholarship programme is managed by France’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development. It enables top international applicants to benefit from financial support, allowing them to enroll in Master degree and PhD programmes. The support can vary from 12 to 36 months at the masters level and up to 10 months maximum on the PhD level.
The three main fields of studies covered by the Eiffel scholarships are :
- Engineering sciences at the graduate level, sciences in the broad sense at the PhD level
- Economics and management
- Law and political science
- Opening by Campus France: September, 24, 2021
- Deadline for submitting applications to Université de Paris: December, 2nd, 2021
- Deadline for the application by Campus France after sending to Université de Paris : January, 7th, 2022
- Announcement of the results on Campus France website: week of April, 4th, 2022
Duration of the scholarship
Master Degree level:
The scholarship is awarded for :
- maximum 12 months for a Master 2 programme
- maximum 24 months for a Master 1 programme
- maximum 36 months for an engineering degree programme
Each period of the scholarship is contingent upon the scholarship recipient meeting the academic requirements of the previous period.
Scholarship awardees may benefit from maintaining their scholarship during an internship of a duration less than or equal to 25% of the total duration of the course, provided that it is a compulsory internship included in the course model. In other cases, the scholarship will be interrupted for the duration of the placement.
If the course of study includes an international academic exchange, the scholarship will be interrupted for the period spent abroad, with no possible postponement of the scholarship.
The signature of an internship contract or a professional training contract by an Eiffel awardee will automatically stop the scholarship.
PhD Degree level:
The Eiffel scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 10 months.
No language training and no dividing up of the scholarship is possible for scientific and economic disciplines. Only law students have the possibility of taking French courses in parallel with their academic studies. The request must be made in the application form.
Please note: The Eiffel programme does not cover the tuition fees of the higher education institution in which the student has applied.
- Nationality: this programme is only for international students. The candidates with dual nationality, one of them being French, are not eligible.
- Master level: 25 years old (born after March 1996) maximum at the date of the selection committee.
- PhD level: 30 years old (born after March 1991) maximum at the date of the selection committee.
- Source of applications: only the applications sent by French institutions are eligible. Any candidate nominated by more than one institution shall be disqualified.
- The student must not be living and/or studying in France at the time of application (Master level).
- International students already benefiting from a scholarship from the French government, an AUF scholarship or an Erasmus + scholarship under another programme at the time of application are not eligible.
- Students who have already applied for this scholarship but have not been awarded yet, cannot re-apply even if they are applying from a different institution or in a different field of study
- Students currently studying abroad will be given priority over those already living in France
Please note: Students can only apply once for the Eiffel scholarship for a same level of study.
The International Mobility Department of the International Relations Office centralizes all the applications and is responsable for sending them to Campus France within the agreed period.
- To receive the application, please fill out the online form.
- Complete the file and send it to the academic director of your intended programme enabling him/her to complete the teaching component.
- Please ensure the completed application is sent to the International Mobility Department within the required deadlines.
Under no circumstances will the International Mobility Department be responsible for forwarding the files to the academic directors for completion of the pedagogical section. This section is under the sole responsibility of the candidate.
Due to the closing of the University during Christmas Holidays as well as the date required by Campus France, the deadline for sending the application to the International Mobility Department is set on December 2nd, 2021. Applications received after this date will not be examined.
The SMARTS-UP project, managed by DRIVE's Structuring Projects Department, has led to the creation of 19 new Graduate Schools. This ambitious programme contributes to the internationalisation of research training by welcoming the most talented international...
Call for applications: SMARTS-UP, international scholarships for Master’s studentsThe SMARTS-UP programme, managed by Université de Paris, aims to promote the internationalisation of Master’s programmes and to attract the best international students in order to...
Within the context of the Circle U. European University alliance, the Modern Language Centre at King's College London invites students from partner universities to learn languages online. Apply by Friday, December 10th 2021!...
Financed by the European Commission-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company, the Vulcanus in Japan programme provides industrial placements to EU / COSME (Competitiveness for Small and Medium Enterprises)...