While a new lockdown period has been implemented until December 1st, 2020, Université de Paris will continue its instructional and research activities according to the protocols specified in this Frequently Asked Questions. Everything you need to know is outlined below.
The guidelines outlined below are valid until at least December 1st. This FAQ will be updated on a regular basis as the situation evolves.
Access on-site campus
Is access authorised for users within the buildings and services at Université de Paris?
User’s access is possible under restrictive conditions, namely :
- to particpate in practical exercises which cannot be given remotely within the limit of 50% of the capacity (upon an invitation from a teacher)
- to work in a research laboratory for doctoral students (subject to authorisation from the unit director)
- upon appointment in libraries and documentation centers, respecting a capacity intake limited to 50%. The plan is currently under study. The details will be communicated at a later stage.
- Upon appointment or an invitation from the administrative services
- to access preventive medicine and health services, social services and social activities organized by the university or student associations
- to work in equipped classrooms allowing those students who do not have digital tools or connection to follow distance learning courses.
We ask that you check regularly your emails and follow Université de Paris on social media.
Note : Students that are susceptible to come on-campus for one of the reasons outlined above must :
- Fill out and download the exemption certificate during lockdown issued on the Ministry of Interior website or write the certificate on a blank piece of paper.
- Check off (or copied) : “Commuting to and from work or a university or training facility, business travel that cannot be postponed, travel for a competition or examination”
- Provide an identification card
- Provide proof from the host organisation, allowing you to prove that the travel in question falls under one of the cases of authorised access.
Are university libraries open ?
A reservation system has been set up to allow access to university libraries on appointment basis:
All outstanding loans are automatically extended until January 15. Users do not have to do anything.
For more information: All electronic documentation (online journals, ebooks, databases, etc.) remains accessible remotely 24/7
Are sporting facilities on campus closed ?
Yes, as well as those of our partners.
Only the facilities dedicated to the UFR STAPS remain open.
The sports classes in person offered by Université de Paris Sports Department are suspended until further notice.
To find out how to follow courses in the free EU, see the question “Do the courses offered by the sports department continue” in the section below: Your studies, your curriculum.
How will the courses continue ?
Your academic advisors will suggest and inform you of the pedagogical procedures that will allow you to follow your lectures and tutorials online.
Certain practical exercises and professional teaching requiring specialized equipment, the list of which is drawn up by the Academy rector, may be held in person with a travel authorization issued by the person in charge of your training. Here again, your academic advisor of your school will contact you.
If you do not have the digital tools to access the facilities that will be made available to you, please contact your academic advisor.
What are the guidelines regarding internships ?
Read the FAQ internships >
I'm on a work-study program, how does it work?
If you are on an apprenticeship contract or a vocational training contract, you should contact the company to find out about the organizational procedures, particularly for working remotely.
Your courses are given online, except in special cases of certain practical exercises.
Work-study programs are subject to the following rules:
- for academic portion: remote learning, except when the practical nature of the teaching requires in-person teaching*, and when the university is on the list drawn up by the rector (under development).
- for the professional portion: remote working except when the activity cannot be carried out remotely*.
Are Erasmus+ programs and internships cancelled?
Read the FAQ Student Mobility (soon available)
Are any exams, entrance exams, or thesis defense that were planned cancelled / postponed?
Exams and entrance exams can be held, with a tightened sanitary protocol, under the provision of a travel authorization issued by the person in charge of your program.
However, Université de Paris will limit in-person exams to the strict minimum, while preferring, whenever possible, to be administered remotely.
Thesis defense is authorized remotely both for the PhD and the HDR.
Are the courses offered by the sports department continuing?
Students enrolled in UE Sports will be contacted by e-mail by their teacher to inform them of the instructional follow-up procedures.
Université de Paris sports services offers everyone the opportunity to keep in shape during the lockdown:
- the on-line application Tous en forme that allows you to assess your physical well-being, can be downloaded from Apple Store or Play store
- more than 200 exercise videos available on the university’s YouTube channel
Social and Health Services
Are digital tools available?
In order to for students to follow their studies in optimal conditions, Université de Paris offers computers on loan to those with digital challenges, subject to resource availability
For more information > Digital tools for students
I am experiencing financial challenges due to the lockdown, Who can I contact ?
Is the CROUS* social criteria grant still paid out during the closure of my school?
Yes. On exceptional basis and in the context of pedagogical continuity provided by the institution, you will not be in a position of poor attendance.
- At the beginning of December 2020, each recipient of a scholarship will receive an exceptional grant of 150 euros along with his or her regular scholarship payment.
- If the student so requests, the scholarship entitlements may be reviewed and recalculated on the basis of the student’s 2020 income and not the 2018 income initially withheld.
Will the other financial aid still be paid out?
Yes. There are no changes.
- Rent increases in dormitories have been frozen until January 1, 2021. This rent freeze continues until September 1, 2021.
- The CROUS provides social assistance. Read more >
- Université de Paris offers the possibility to request financial aid. Read more >
- The Mayor of Paris office also provides social assistance Read more >
- A grant of 150€ will be paid to scholarship students at the beginning of December, along with their usual monthly payment via the CAF. There are no steps to be taken to receive it. Read more >
Medical or psychological counselling, who do I talk to and how can I make an appointment?
During the lockdown, the student health services remain open. Consultations with general practitioners, psychologists, psychiatrists, gynaecologists and arrangements for the disabled are provided in person or remotely.
You can make an appointment with SIUMPPS via Doctolib with the practitioner of your choice. You can choose to make an appointment in-person or remotely.
Note: The Mayor of Paris office provides on a permanent basis psychological support on line for students. Read more >
How can I contact the CROUS* social services during the lockdown ?
Contact with a social worker can be done on-line.
I am a student with a disability and I need support. to whom can I contact ?
I feel lonely. How can I interact with other students ?
Our partner Nightline offers you the opportunity to exchange with students by chat or phone on Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, from 9:00 pm to 2:30 am.
> For more information Nightline Paris
Nightline has opened the website www.soutien-etudiant.info which makes available counselling and psychological support resources as well as advice on how to best manage the lockdown. Some sections are specifically dedicated to medical students.
Note: Informal contacts, exchanges with your tutors and the involvement of student organizations are possible. Student association directory >
Who can provide information about applying for a residence permit or social assistance?
I have a residency permit or a visa which will soon expire. What should I do ?
The prefecture’s offices remain open during the lockdown.
Read more > Request for residency permit or renewal for international students
Student Life and Associations
Are the university restaurants* (Resto'U) closed?
Only take-out is maintained in the Restos U. Students can go to seven cafeterias :
- Halle aux Farines
- Cafétéria des Saints-Pères
- Cafétéria Cochin
- Cafétéria Pharmacie
- Cafétéria Necker
- Cafétéria Boulogne
- Cafétéria Malakoff
and three university restaurants :
- IUT Paris Val-de-Seine
For take-out only. For more information > Crous : take-out locations
Remember to download and fill out the exemption certificate issued on the Ministry of Interior website or write the certificate on a blank piece of paper. Tick off ” travel to make purchases (…) of basic necessities”.
Note : Scholarship students can enjoy the meal for 1 euro!
Follow, in real time, information provided by the CROUS > Find out more
Are the university dormitories* closed?
No. CROUS continues to welcome students in their residences.
Work spaces equipped with computer equipment or internet access are open by appointment, in compliance with heath guidelines. They are intended, as a priority, for students who do not have the equipment or internet connection needed to do distance learning.
Can I get a refund for tickets purchased at the Culture Department?
If you purchased tickets for a performance in November, please keep them.
The cultural department will write to you shortly to offer you a postponement when possible or a refund.
How can I find out the status of my request for support for associative projects?
Can associative social activities be organized on campus?
Like the university health and social services, the social activities of the associations will play a major role in accompanying students during the coming weeks. Therefore, only social and solidarity actions can be organized, with the approval Université de Paris Presidency.
Contact the department associative life if you would like to put a project in place on campus.
* To follow the CROUS and get updated information : click here
We recommend that you check your emails regularly, as well as the website and Université de Paris on social media.
For information on the coronavirus, the situation in France, health instructions: click here.
In case of symptoms Covid-19 (cough, fever over 38 °, aches …), call your doctor.
Alexandra Maure, doctorante à l’école doctorale Bio Sorbonne Paris Cité, a été sélectionnée parmi 88 candidatures issues de 34 universités pour participer à la prochaine édition de la bande dessinée « Sciences en bulles ». "Sciences en bulles" édition 2019...
Malgré le contexte, l’EIDD a donné l’opportunité à ses élèves ingénieurs de valoriser leurs compétences auprès des entreprises en organisant un Forum virtuel le 19 novembre dernier. L’occasion également pour l’École d’ingénieurs d’Université de...
Alexandre Loupy, professeur des universités praticien hospitalier (AP-HP/Université de Paris), néphrologue à l’hôpital Necker-Enfants est l'un des deux lauréats Université de Paris du Prix des Innovateurs en Santé de la Région Ile-de-France. Il a reçu 25...
Localisation : Université de Paris Direction Générale Déléguée des Ressources Humaines et des Organisations (DGDRHO) 5 rue Thomas Mann, 75013 Paris 12 rue de l'école de médecine, 75006 Paris Catégorie : A+ Prise de fonction : 01/02/2021 Sous...