Master aire: learning sciences (EdTech)
Language(s) of instruction: English
Length of study: 2 years, full time
Course Location: Interdisciplinary Research Center (CRI), Paris, France
Degrees awarded: Master AIRE – Learning Sciences (EdTech)
Entry Requirements: Students can apply with a bachelor degree or equivalent. Students may enter directly the 2nd year of the program under the condition they successfully graduated from their 1st year of Master’s degree or equivalent. Students are coming from all over the world and from very different backgrounds (Educational Science, Computer Science, Psychology, Economy, Design, Medicine, Humanities, Biology, Cognitive Sciences, etc.). The selection is based on proven interest in interdisciplinary, motivation and previous record, as well as an interview with the pedagogical team.
Students should check the Master’s website and Campus France website to determine if they are eligible to follow this training.
Language pre-requisites:B2 level in English is required (ideally C1)
The AIRE Learning Sciences programme is dedicated to learning sciences and digital practices in education. It aims at training creative and talented students to become the future researchers or change makers in this domain. Learning Sciences (LS) is an interdisciplinary domain which aims to examine how people learn in formal and informal contexts. Our program refers to different disciplines such as psychology, social sciences, computer sciences, educational sciences, instructional design, etc. It also includes a research training program that delivers methods and tools to observe, analyze and improve learning. This approach has a multilevel ambition going from a microsystem perspective to a macrosystem one.
We consider that in parallel with the digital and environmental transitions, there is a “learning transition” which transforms our ways to learn, teach, conduct research but also the way we work, manage, collaborate and create. This program is based on the figure of the Social Scientist Entrepreneur with a curriculum using project-based methodology, evidence-based research methodology, mentoring and peer-to-peer learning. Each year, we work with classes of passionate students led by the desire to learn, explore and co-construct together.
Skills and competencies developed
- To master the essential knowledge, concepts and methods of the learning and education sciences, in the fields of cognition, educational methods and learning strategies.
- Also draw on the different disciplines and methodologies of applied behavioral and social sciences to build and conduct research projects.
- Develop data science skills (collection and analysis of survey, observation or experimental data, constitution and analysis of statistical and numerical data sets from open and big data).
- Carry out the design of training programs, scientific or artistic mediation, communication, valorization and innovation)
- Master the methods, tools and commitments of open science, open source and open access and be able to work scientifically on an international scale and in interdisciplinary environments.
- Responding to innovation needs at international level in a variety of environments (research laboratories, educational institutions, museums, companies, start-ups, NGOs)
- Contribute to collective intelligence by using scientific knowledge and methods for effective solutions.
- Conducting interdisciplinary and collaborative projects, carrying out studies, diagnoses and syntheses