Master LLCER – Parcours Etudes Anglophones : Joint Degree of English and American Studies

The Anglophone Studies department is part of a consortium who have created a Joint Degree in English and American Studies.

This Joint Degree is part of the Research Masters in Anglophone Studies. The two-year course leads to a Masters diploma issued by University Paris Cité and the host-university.

This consortium includes:

  • Karl-Franzens-University, Graz / Austria
  • Otto-Friedrich University, Bamberg / Germany
  • Ca’ Foscari University, Venice / Italy
  • Université Paris Diderot, Paris / France
  • Jagiellonian University of Kraków / Poland
  • Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona / Spain


Mobility Universities :

  • University of Pécs / Hungary
  • The City College of New York / USA


This is a two-year course (M1 and M2), including a compulsory mobility semester (M2S3, ie first semester of the second year) in one of the partner universities.

The head of JDEAS Programmes at UPC is Professor François VERGNIOLLE DE CHANTAL ( ). For the 2023-24 academic year, he will be replaced by Laurence Cros (laurence.cros@u-paris).

Website for the Joint Degree in English and American Studies


Applications and selection process (during the L3 year)

Students may apply in the first semester of the 3rd year – they choose the university they’ll be mainly attached to, from their M1 year, as well as the university where they will spend the first semester of the M2 year.

This is a selective programme. Students need to have excellent Degree results, and high Toefl or IELTS results.

Representatives of the consortium will select applications.

Applications are sent from 15 January to 30 March 2024.

> Information and application:

NB students from outside the EU who want to apply to Université Paris Cité as their main university will also need to go through Campus France ( ).

Apply here:

Please note that Campus France demands a language test for international students from outside the EU. Although all of our classes are in English, you may need to show a degree of French proficiency in order to obtain a student visa.

For more information:

Download the 2023-24 course brochure here

Make sure you consult the pages for each course and speciality: Arts and Visual Cultures, History and Civilisation, Linguistics, Literature, First Modernities.

À lire aussi

No Results Found

The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.