The ” Science and Engineering for Advanced Materials and devices ” (SEAM) Labex (Lab of Excellence) project is focused on material sciences using a multi-scale approach, from material elaboration, characterization, description, integration in specific devices and applications in various fields of technology. Inorganic nono-materials, nanostructured carbon based materials, diamond single crystal and nanostructured materials are processed allowing applications in the field of photonics, electronics, opto-electronics and aeronautics. It was approved in 2010 by a panel of international experts and is funded by the French Government.
Researchers and professors coming from three disciplines (physics, chemistry and engineering) are working together. SEAM is part of the Sorbonne Paris Cité PRES institution (SPC). It involves 5 laboratories located on university campuses:
- LSPM (Material and Process Sciences Laboratory)
- LPL (Laser Physics Laboratory)
- ITODYS (Interfaces, Processing, Organization and System Dynamics)
- MSC (Matter and Complex Systems)
- MPQ (Materials and Quantum Phenomena)