Proposal for a Post-Doc within our partner laboratories LSPM (Sorbonne Paris Nord) and ITODYS (Université Paris Cité) on the Elaboration of recycled plastic permanent magnets with end of life magnetic particles by 3D printing.
Duration: 1 year
Starting date: January 2023
Send your application before December 10th 2022.
This project aims at developing new magnets with low environmental impact through the valorization of permanent magnet particles recycled from end-of-life (EoL) products.
These new materials – also known as recycled plastic magnets (RPM) – will be engineered through the extrusion under magnetic field of NdFeB EoL particle composites dispersed in a thermoplastic polymer matrix (ideally bio-sourced).
The investigation is divided in two main fronts:
- Optimization of the particle composites (surface engineering, polymer affinity,volume fraction, mechanical and magnetic properties);
- Optimization of the FDM parameters under field to produce directionally functional RPMs (evaluated by measuring magnetization, density, mechanical strength, plus materials characterizations).
- Strong background in Materials Science (skills and interest points: composite chemistry, magnetism, solid mechanics, experimental work, physico-chemical characterization of solid materials).
- Proficiency in English (for discussing with industrial partners).
- Autonomy, organization, good synthesis and analysis skills.
- Knowledge in plastic extrusion techniques and 3D printing will be appreciated.
S. Barboura (LSPM-UPR CNRS 3407): firstname.lastname@example.org;
S. Ammar-Merah (ITODYS-UMR7086): email@example.com.
Application : CV + motivation letter + recommendations. To send to both email addresses above (deadline December 10th 2022).
For more information download the PDF of the offer PDF of the offer or reach out via the email addresses above.
Position duration (months)
À lire aussi
The Paris MRS Chapter is glad to organize the first joint European MRS Chapter workshop in collaboration with Cologne/Germany, Hasselth/Belgium and Genova/Italy MRS Chapters in Paris. From 19th to 22th March, you will have the chance to share and discuss...
PhD project in Canada Position DescriptionHealth Canada requires the food industry to declare 10 allergens and gluten sources on food packaging. Given the growing number of tests required, and the high cost of allergen detection methods such as...
Proposal for a postdoctoral fellowship in Canada. Position Description Health Canada requires the food industry to declare 10 allergens and gluten sources on food packaging. Given the growing number of tests required, and the high cost of...
Proposal for a PhD project in Canada Position Description Health Canada requires the food industry to declare 10 allergens and gluten sources on food packaging. Given the growing number of tests required, and the high cost of allergen detection...