The Scientific Board (CS) drafts proposals on :
- the Department’s scientific policy ;
- policies relating to doctoral programs ;
- requests to supervise research in varying capacities such as the Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR) and Directions de thèse à titre individuel (ADT) ;
- changes in research topics and affiliations to teams or laboratories ;
- recruitment for research-based positions in the Department, including specially requested posts and posts requiring specific admission criteria ;
- financial matters which are submitted to the University (research tax credits, tenders, etc.) ;
- organizing actions to publish and promote scientific results produced by the research units.