The LCAO Library
Université Paris Cité Community
- Unrestricted access to students, lecturers and staff of Université Paris Cité,
- Free, prioritized borrowing for students, lecturers and staff of the LCAO Department,
- Free borrowing under certain conditions for: some students from the EILA Department, students of life sciences, computer science and linguistics; staff from the Confucius Institute; and doctoral candidates and professors from laboratories managed by the University.
- Unrestricted access and free borrowing for doctoral candidates and professors from laboratories managed by the University, as well as students from INALCO (joint programs),
- Unrestricted access and free borrowing under certain conditions for specialists in east Asian languages and specific fields in the humanities and social sciences, in particular relating to the LCAO Department’s own original collections.
- Assistance with research on Asia. Send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accessing digital resources on Asia, both in person and remotely
- Accessing specialized documentation about Asia from a dedicated catalogue of over 80,000 resources
- Onsite access to master’s theses from the LCAO Department (archives dating back to 1968)
- A reading room (capable of seating 80 people)
- A group study room
- Unrestricted access to 7 computers
- WiFi access throughout the library
- Free access to the binder machine. The library does not supply the binding equipment.
Documentation in Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Vietnamese
The LCAO Library’s collections comprise nearly 80,000 works written in Asian languages divided into four archives, as well as periodical collections, teaching materials (language textbooks, CDs, etc.), and language and cultural dictionaries.
The specialized documentation of the library is determined based on the LCAO Department’s course offerings and research.
Access to digital Asian resources is also available using the computers in the Library.
All references and necessary information can be found in the LCAO Library’s catalogue.
Documentation on Asia in French and English at the Grands Moulins Library
Our users can also access Université Paris Cité’ Grands Moulins Library, which is located on the ground floor of the same building as the LCAO Library. Documentation on east Asian countries is available in western languages such as French and English. Electronic resources in western languages can be accessed through Université Paris Cité’ library portal.
One of the Department’s partner libraries is the University Library of Languages and Civilizations (BULAC), located near Université Paris Cité’ campus at 65 rue des Grands Moulins, 75013 Paris. In addition to its catalogue allowing users to access its extensive collections, BULAC offers a wide variety of digital resources.
Partner East Asian Libraries
- The Chinese, Korean and Japanese Studies Libraries of Collège de France’s Asian Unit, whose collections are accessible via the Omnia catalogue
- The EFEO Library at the Maison de l’Asie – Paris
- The Archives of the Asian Society
- The CRLAO Library (Center for East Asian Linguistics)
- The Chinese Archives of the BM de Lyon Library