Master in fundamental physics: physics of soft matter
Language(s) of instruction: English
Length of study: 1 year, Full-time (please note that this is a M2 course for students who have already obtained a M1 or an engineer school degree)
- From September to December: Université de Paris, France
- From January to March: Universidade Da Coroña, Spain
- From April onwards: 4/6 months practical placement
- Master Physics of Soft Matter, Université de Paris
- Master en Materiais Complexos AnáliseTérmica e Reoloxía, Universidade da Coruña
Entry Requirements: students must have graduated from their 1st year of Master in Physics or chemistry or detain an engineer school degree (4 years after the baccalaureate). Students having already completed 4 years of science study in Spain (Physics, mechanics, and chemistry) can also apply for this selective degree.
Language pre-requisites: B2 level of English, IELTS 6.5
This double degree offers a high level of pluridisciplinary training in the field of material physics taking place both in Paris and in the Galician town of Coroña, located in the north-west of the Iberian Peninsula. The objectives is to give to students solid skills on elaboration and study of structured materials with a balance between theoretical and practical aspects in order to address Development and Research issues in various domains (energy, foods, cosmetics, biotechnology, aeronautics, civil engineering…).
The 1st semester is focused on theoretical training in France and Spain to teach the basic background for the elaboration of innovative materials and to study their proprieties according to their environment or usage conditions. a. In the 2ndsemester, students will perform a practical placement in a company or research organization in the public or private sector gaining a professional experience in a European context.
This opening to the international scene within the framework of an Erasmus exchange agreement makes the strength and originality of this double Master’s degree with an additional asset for future graduates who thus have the opportunity to acquire an open mind, an ability to integrate into a multicultural environment and new learning methods.
Both Universities will organize language support and will support students through the transition to the other campus.
Skills and competencies developed
- Knowledge of fundamental and applied research
- Specialisation and professional experience in a European context during the placement
- Perfection of language skills in Spanish and English with language support from both Universities