The role of pedagogical innovation in the future of higher education is considered crucial within the Circle U. European University. Over the course of two days, we will explore the pedagogical impact of the internationalisation process on the development of higher education in Europe, and understand the nature of knowledge development in international educational settings through the lens of faculty, students and staff involved in these experiences.
Circle U. European University Alliance: Université Paris Cité, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, King’s College, London, UCLouvain, University of Oslo, Aarhus University, University of Belgrade, Université of Pisa and Université of Vienna.
The Circle U. National Conference aims to gather experiences and/or reflections that affirm the link between the internationalisation of universities and pedagogical innovation. The role of pedagogical innovation in the future of higher education is considered crucial within the Circle U. European University and is at the heart of the alliance’s Think and Do Tank mission.
One of the first steps of the Think and Do Tank was to identify the flagship educational initiatives being carried out by the partner universities. Professionals from the 9 universities working in educational innovation showed a keen interest in sharing their knowledge, experiences and tools within Circle U. The network of innovators progressively being buildt through the Think and Do Tank Cafés are thus nurturing a collaborative space, opening the way to an international pooling of resources, training and practices in the field of educational innovation in higher education.
- Faculty, staff and other university professionals
- Students from all levels and disciplines
- Civil society organisations
- Public or private organisations involved in education, social transformation and/or sustainable development
- NGOs, Think Tanks, cultural centers, journalists, artists, municipalities, policy makers, etc.
January 23, 2023
Location: Cité Universitaire, Fondation Victor Lyon 29 Bd Jourdan 75014 Paris and online
14:15 Presentation of the Circle U. Week for the Future of Higher Education and Research and
14:45 Panel 1 – European alliances as testbeds for innovation in education
14:45 Panel 2 – European alliances as testbeds for creating joint study programmes
18:15 Conclusion and final remarks
- Antoine Cazé, Vice–President International Université at Université Paris Cité
- Cécile Badoual, Vice–President Education at Université Paris Cité
- Polina Khomenko, European Commission Representation in France
- Jan Palmovski, The Guild of European Research–Intensive Universities
- Ivana Didak, The Guild of European Research–Intensive Universities
- Katarina Aškerc Zadravec, vice dean for quality and internationalisation at Ljubljana School of Business, Slovenia, and Internationalisation at Home Steering group member at the European Association for International Education
- Florence Ferran, Scientific and Academic Cooperation Officer at the French Embassy in the United Kingdom
- Jo Angouri, University–level Academic Director for Education and Internationalisation at the University of Warwick
- Karine Andrieux, Professor at Université Paris Cité and Responsible for the Master Erasmus Mundus Nanomed
- Lisa Haddouk, Professor and Responsible of the Master Erasmus Mundus CYBER at Université Paris Cité
- Viktoria Nagy, Professor and Coordinator of Circle U. student–led initiatives at Université Paris Cité
January 24, 2023
Loclation: Site Necker, 156 Rue de Vaugirard, 75015 Paris and online
10:00 Parallel Workshops
Workshop 1 – Facilitating international cooperation in teaching and students involvement through the “Micro-collaborations” proposed by the Earsmus project DIONE.
Philipp Wasserscheidt, Professor at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin and Lead of the Circle U. Think and Do Tank.
Workshop 2 – Learning Analytics: How does university administration work with educational data on inclusion and attrition?
Discussing similarities and differences between different university administrations findings.
11:00-11:30 Plenary session
Philipp Wasserscheidt, Prof. Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin et Lead du Circle U. Think and Do Tank.
Trine Kaalby Bjerre Gjøderum, Aahrus Universitet
Marianne Toftegaard Hansen, Aahrus Universitet
Pernille Kirk Jensen, Aahrus Universitet
Alessandra La Spina, Università di Pisa
Michelle Santokie, King’s College London
Any questions? Contact us by e-mail by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle U. European University alliance is launching its second edition of interdisciplinary summer schools. Organized by Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, the University of Oslo and Université Paris Cité, they are open to students as well as doctoral students from all...read more
Scientists from the Institut Pasteur, Université Paris Cité, the CNRS and the Collège de France have used paleogenomics to trace 10,000 years of human immune system evolution.read more
A still unknown species of circovirus, temporarily named Human Circovirus 1, it is new and distant from known animal circoviruses. Its role has been demonstrated in the liver damage of a patient under immunosuppressive treatment.read more
Circle U. European university alliance is launching the second edition of its summer schools. “Rethinking Global Health” organised by Université Paris Cité, will be held from July 3rd to July 7th 2023. Join us in Paris and submit your applications before February 28th 2023.read more