Dual Franco-German Bachelor degree in Chemistry
Language(s) of instruction: French and German
Length of study: 3 years, full time
Partner: Universität Bielefeld
- Semester 1 to 3: Bielefeld University, Germany
- Semester 4 to 6: Université Paris Cité, France
- Licence franco-allemande de Chimie, Université Paris Cité
- Binational Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Bielefeld University
Entry Requirements: French Baccalaureate in Science or international equivalent
Language pre-requisites: B2 level of French and German
The aim of this program is to give students a broad foundation in Chemistry enabling them to pursue a Master’s in Chemistry or a related field (environment, nanoscience, biochemistry, science of matter) whether it be in France or Germany.
The program is designed for students who have decided from the outset to study chemistry. The first three semesters are conducted at Bielefeld University. Semesters 1 to 3 focus predominantly on the basics of chemistry. For semesters 4 to 6, students deepen their knowledge by benefiting from the expertise of the Chemistry Department of Université Paris Cité in chemical physics, inorganic chemistry and organic chemistry.
There is an internship of minimum two months to be completed in semester 6 at a university laboratory or in industry.
Skills and Competencies developed
- German and French language skills
- Get acquainted with Chemistry: organic and inorganic chemistry as well as analytical and physical chemistry
- Observe and model matter and energy transformations processes
- Manage and resolve issues related to industrial sectors involving chemistry or biology: agribusiness, environment, pharmacy, cosmetics, materials
- Analyse, interpret and render the results of experimental data
- Master main identification techniques as well as qualitative and quantitative analysis of matter (spectroscopy IR, NMR, UV-Visible spectroscopy, mass spectrometry…)
- Master main separative and chromatographic techniques (gas and high pressure liquid chromatography, silica gel column and thin layer chromatography)
- Implement and enforce hygiene and safety regulations
By providing a course on Environmental Transition and Societal Issues, Université Paris Cité aims to raise awareness among the student community of the Anthropocene and planetary limitations, equip them with ideas on growth and degrowth, and...
nitiated to put skills and the doctor-patient relationship at the center of student training and evaluation, “ECOS” or “Examen Clinique Objectif et Structuré” is a situational exercise that assesses the skills and knowledge of medical students.
The call for applications for the international dual PhD degree programme in 2022-2023 is now open. Submit your applications before November 19th 2022. For more information FAQDownloadVade-mecumFlyer An international dual...
Everything you need to know about the international dual PhD degree can be found in this FAQ for the academic year 2022-2023. Read more Below are common questions about the international dual PhD : An international dual...