Bachelor degree in chemistry
Language(s) of instruction: French and German
Length of study: 3 years, full time
Partner: Universität Bielefeld
- Semester 1 to 3: Bielefeld University, Germany
- Semester 4 to 6: Université de Paris, France
- Licence franco-allemande de Chimie, Université de Paris
- Binational Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Bielefeld University
Entry Requirements: French Baccalaureate in Science or international equivalent
Language pre-requisites: B2 level of French and German
The aim of this program is to give students a broad foundation in Chemistry enabling them to pursue a Master’s in Chemistry or a related field (environment, nanoscience, biochemistry, science of matter) whether it be in France or Germany.
The program is designed for students who have decided from the outset to study chemistry. The first three semesters are conducted at Bielefeld University. Semesters 1 to 3 focus predominantly on the basics of chemistry. For semesters 4 to 6, students deepen their knowledge by benefiting from the expertise of the Chemistry Department of Université de Paris in chemical physics, inorganic chemistry and organic chemistry.
There is an internship of minimum two months to be completed in semester 6 at a university laboratory or in industry.
Skills and Competencies developed
- German and French language skills
- Get acquainted with Chemistry: organic and inorganic chemistry as well as analytical and physical chemistry
- Observe and model matter and energy transformations processes
- Manage and resolve issues related to industrial sectors involving chemistry or biology: agribusiness, environment, pharmacy, cosmetics, materials
- Analyse, interpret and render the results of experimental data
- Master main identification techniques as well as qualitative and quantitative analysis of matter (spectroscopy IR, NMR, UV-Visible spectroscopy, mass spectrometry…)
- Master main separative and chromatographic techniques (gas and high pressure liquid chromatography, silica gel column and thin layer chromatography)
- Implement and enforce hygiene and safety regulations
On April 22nd, the European Research Council announced the results of its call for Advanced Grant projects, dedicated to established mid-career researchers. France has 22 winners this year, including five from Université de Paris: Benoît Ladoux, Claire...
On the 8th and 9th of April, the fifth flagship initiative of the Strategic Partnership InnovEd4TS was hosted virtually at Université de Paris. Invited experts from three Circle U. universities and the University of Lisbon had the opportunity to...
As part of a collaboration launched in 2013 through Sorbonne Paris Cité and the National University of Singapore (NUS), Université de Paris has established strong links with NUS in different disciplines. These calls for proposals have enabled to...
From the 22nd and 26th of March, the fourth flagship initiative of the Strategic Partnership InnovEd4TS was hosted virtually at Aarhus University. Invited experts from four Circle U. universities and the University of Lisbon had the opportunity...