Ethics and integrity
At a time when science is both the object of considerable hope and strong mistrust, Université de Paris must be irreproachable in its defence of rigorous, honest, and transparent scientific practices.
The establishment of an ethics, deontology and scientific integrity committee within Université de Paris and its inclusion in the statutes demonstrate a strong institutional committment.
The ethics, deontology and scientific integrity commitee will provide the steering committee with external experience and independent expertise. It will be comprised of eight prominent personalities from outside the university, recognised for their competencies in this field. They will be appointed by the President following the advice of the Academic Senate for a period of four years (non-renewable).
The committee will meet at least twice a year and its main responsabilities will be to:
- Propose the university’s charter of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity
- Provide the university and its faculities guidance on all regulations related to the charter of ethics, deontology or scientific integrity
- Give feedback on the measures taken with regards to the compliance of the charter of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity
- Promote awareness and application of the principles of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity within the academic community
- Submit an annual report to the Executive Board and the Academic Senate.
Women on the Move, an EU-funded international research network focusing on unveiling the presence and economic contribution of women migrants in the construction of Europe, led by Marie Ruiz, associate researcher at LARCA (UMR 8225...
The Guild network of European research-intensive universities, of which Université de Paris is a member, is growing with the addition of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, located in Barcelona. A young European university, very active and promising...
Why does individual reaction to the SARS-CoV2 virus differ so widely from one person to another? International research teams from Université de Paris, Inserm, AP-HP, the Imagine Institute, Rockefeller University and the Howard Hughes Medical...