Ethics and integrity
At a time when science is both the object of considerable hope and strong mistrust, Université de Paris must be irreproachable in its defence of rigorous, honest, and transparent scientific practices.
The establishment of an ethics, deontology and scientific integrity committee within Université de Paris and its inclusion in the statutes demonstrate a strong institutional committment.
The ethics, deontology and scientific integrity commitee will provide the steering committee with external experience and independent expertise. It will be comprised of eight prominent personalities from outside the university, recognised for their competencies in this field. They will be appointed by the President following the advice of the Academic Senate for a period of four years (non-renewable).
The committee will meet at least twice a year and its main responsabilities will be to:
- Propose the university’s charter of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity
- Provide the university and its faculities guidance on all regulations related to the charter of ethics, deontology or scientific integrity
- Give feedback on the measures taken with regards to the compliance of the charter of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity
- Promote awareness and application of the principles of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity within the academic community
- Submit an annual report to the Executive Board and the Academic Senate.
Equality and gender equality in particular, and the fight against violence and discrimination, are strong commitments for Université de Paris. To support the victims of gender-based and sexual violence, specific arrangements have been put in...
As part of the calls for projects launched last June by the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Université de Paris, the call to encourage joint innovative projects in the field of higher education has been extended until 27 October 2021. Submit...
According to a new study published on August 31st, 2021, in Lancet Public Health, covering 22 countries including most of Europe and representing about 70% of global transplant activity, the number of solid organ transplants performed in the first wave of the pandemic...
From an undergraduate degree in French received in China to a PhD in literature in Paris, Xu Yang tells us about her experience as an international student at Université de Paris and her participation in the 2021 Guild Summer School....