Ethics and integrity
At a time when science is both the object of considerable hope and strong mistrust, Université de Paris must be irreproachable in its defence of rigorous, honest, and transparent scientific practices.
The establishment of an ethics, deontology and scientific integrity committee within Université de Paris and its inclusion in the statutes demonstrate a strong institutional committment.
The ethics, deontology and scientific integrity commitee will provide the steering committee with external experience and independent expertise. It will be comprised of eight prominent personalities from outside the university, recognised for their competencies in this field. They will be appointed by the President following the advice of the Academic Senate for a period of four years (non-renewable).
The committee will meet at least twice a year and its main responsabilities will be to:
- Propose the university’s charter of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity
- Provide the university and its faculities guidance on all regulations related to the charter of ethics, deontology or scientific integrity
- Give feedback on the measures taken with regards to the compliance of the charter of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity
- Promote awareness and application of the principles of ethics, deontology and scientific integrity within the academic community
- Submit an annual report to the Executive Board and the Academic Senate.
5 member universities of Circle U. Alliance (Humboldt of Berlin, UCLouvain, Oslo, Aarhus and Paris) together with the University of Lisbon have been awarded a Strategic Partnership funded by the Erasmus+ programme. The Strategic Partnership InnovEd4TS...
Since March 17th, due to the corona virus epidemic, all incoming mobility of students, researchers and administrative staff has been cancelled. What are the steps I need to take ? You will find below the answers to the most...
Student representatives from the universities of the Circle U. European Alliance met for a 3 day intensive, collaborative seminar hosted by Université de Paris from March 5th to 8th 2020. Cirlce U.: Université de Paris, University Humboldt...
Since October 2018, Université de Paris is engaged in a project to create a European interuniversity campus, alongside six other European universities, in response to the European Commission's call for projects. Recently named Circle U, this alliance is...