Launched by Learning Planet Institute (formerly CRI) and UNESCO in January 2020, on the occasion of the International Day of Education, the #LearningPlanet Festival celebrates lifelong learning. This( 3rd edition will take place from January 22 to 29th 2022. It builds on the need to learn to take care of oneself, others and the planet through fostering a culture of hope, collective engagement and sustainability.
© Learning Planet Festival
During an entire week Learning Planet Institute (formerly CRI*) and UNESCO will welcome students, youth, teachers, researchers and the general public from around the world to participate in conferences, round tables and workshops. This 3rd edition will feature simultaneous local events, organised in schools, universities and other partner venues, notably in Paris and Lyon, (subject to conditions for the sanitary crisis). A wide range of activities will also take place online: hackathons, games, documentaries, wellness activities and artistic performances as well as a cycle of conferences and thematic workshops.
The ambition of this international event is to promote a culture of hope and collective commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations.
Co-creation is at the heart this international event, with a wide range of organisations alongside the #LearningPlanet community. The Festival is an open platform designed to celebrate, share projects, achievements and to co-create better futures collectively. It is open to passionate learners of all ages, youth, teachers, educators, artists, scientists, social entrepreneurs, policymakers and more.
The programme is designed to highlight each day different topic which are at the core of the #LearningPlanet initiative. Throughout the week, all these subjects will appear regularly :
- 22 Jan – Official Launch of the Festival: a roundtable organised by the founders, Learning Planet Institute and UNESCO, to kick off the global events.
- 22 – 23 Jan: Two days dedicated to youth empowerment.
- 25 Jan: Learning for Sustainability: This session is dedicated to exploring how learning processes and all types of education must evolve to meet the complexity of current sustainability challenges.
- 26 Jan: Transitions in Education will focus on how to design new approaches to education at all ages, in schooling systems and across learning environments.
- 27 Jan: New Models for Social Change: These are a series of events with social entrepreneurs from various networks such as Ashoka and Catalyst.
- 28 Jan: Arts in Education: explores understanding the key role art plays in supporting and stimulating development in learners of all ages.
- 29 Jan, and onwards: The learning and exploring never stops.
To sign up, register here
Université Paris Cité, the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Inalco are launching on October 3rd 2022, a MOOC called "Governing Diverse Cities in Europe and Asia" which will be available on edX. For the first time, the three institutions are working together...read more
Join us on October 13th and 14th 2022 where the entire student community is invited to meet with international students, share and discover mobility programmes offered at Université Paris Cité. To help you in your daily life, international students can now find all...read more
This summer, Université Paris Cité Libraries, in partnership with the Collège des Écoles Doctorales, awarded Open Science Certificates to the first cohort of PhD students who completed this new programme during the 2021-2022 academic year. The certification is open to...read more
This summer, the Graduate Schools of Université Paris Cité organised multidisciplinary events designed to develop the knowledge and skills of its masters, researchers and (post) doctoral students, coming from all walks of life in the field of science. Multi and...read more