The Learning Planet Institute, is offering students from Université Paris Cité the opportunity to participate in the SDG Summer School, taking place in an international framework in Paris from July 3rd to July 28th. Addressing sustainability issues, this year, the theme is “Prototype open-source health solutions”. Apply before June 5th.
© Quentin Chevrier SDG Summer School au Learning Planet Institute
The SDG Summer School is open to students enrolled in a higher education institution in France or abroad. The diversity of profiles is an asset, so participants coming from natural sciences, humanities, medicine, computer science, design, gaming or arts are encouraged to apply.
This summer school will take place mainly during the month of July with some preparation workshops at the end of June. All activities will take place on our campus in the 4th district of Paris. It is exclusively based on project-based learning and will be taught mainly in English.
Week 1 : Hackathon discovery of tools and deep understanding of challenges
Week 2 & 3 : Project design and implementation
Week 4: Documentation & Presentation of results
- Teams selected for their complementary skills (medicine, biology, law, business, IT, design etc) and their abilities to jointly develop out-of-the-box solutions.
- Challenges mentored by practitioners in International Organisations and leading global health researchers in participating academic institutions.
- Each team coached by a PhD student who has relevant research experience and a clear interest in tackling the team’s specific challenge.
- A chance to learn hands-on about open science tools and methodologies (open data, open source hardware and software, citizen science)..
- An emphasis on rapid prototyping of solutions and an evaluation through weekly pitching sessions and careful project documentation.
How to apply ?
Students can apply by completing the online form.
Deadline to submit your application is June 5th 2023
The Learning Planet Institute offers students from Université Paris Cité the opportunity to participate in the SDG Summer School, taking place in an international framework in Paris from June 24 to July 19th. Addressing sustainability issues, this year, the theme is...read more
Discover on playback the Masterclass in History with Carlo Ginzburg that took place on December 14th at the Musée Carnvalet-Histoire de Paris. An exceptional event, co-organised by the Laboratoire Identités Cultures et Territoires – Les Europes dans le Monde (ICT) of...read more
As administrative procedures are often a source of complexity for international students upon arriving in France, the Université Numérique d'Île-de-France has developed the Online Welcome Desk platform. Université Paris Cité has chosen to adopt the tool by making it...read more
The SMARTS-UP programme at Université Paris Cité aims to promote the internationalisation of Master’s programmes and facilitate the admission of talented international students so as to build up a pool of excellence for the recruitment of future doctoral students.read more