The Learning Planet Institute, is offering students from Université Paris Cité the opportunity to participate in the SDG Summer School, taking place in an international framework in Paris from July 3rd to July 28th. Addressing sustainability issues, this year, the theme is “Prototype open-source health solutions”. Apply before June 5th.
© Quentin Chevrier SDG Summer School au Learning Planet Institute
The immersion programme is supported by the Institute of Challenges, co-founded by the Learning Planet Institute and Université Paris Cité.
The SDG Summer School is open to students enrolled in a higher education institution in France or abroad. The diversity of profiles is an asset, so participants coming from natural sciences, humanities, medicine, computer science, design, gaming or arts are encouraged to apply.
This summer school will take place mainly during the month of July with some preparation workshops at the end of June. All activities will take place on our campus in the 4th district of Paris. It is exclusively based on project-based learning and will be taught mainly in English.
Week 1 : Hackathon discovery of tools and deep understanding of challenges
Week 2 & 3 : Project design and implementation
Week 4: Documentation & Presentation of results
- Teams selected for their complementary skills (medicine, biology, law, business, IT, design etc) and their abilities to jointly develop out-of-the-box solutions.
- Challenges mentored by practitioners in International Organisations and leading global health researchers in participating academic institutions.
- Each team coached by a PhD student who has relevant research experience and a clear interest in tackling the team’s specific challenge.
- A chance to learn hands-on about open science tools and methodologies (open data, open source hardware and software, citizen science)..
- An emphasis on rapid prototyping of solutions and an evaluation through weekly pitching sessions and careful project documentation.
How to apply ?
Students can apply by completing the online form.
Deadline to submit your application is June 5th 2023
Université Paris Cité Ranked Among the 40 Top Universities in the World
The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) has unveiled its 2023 ranking of the world's top 2,000 universities. For the first time since Université Paris Cité was established, it ranks 39th, marking its entry into the world’s top 0.2%. The Center for World...read more
Call for applications: International Dual PhD Degree Programme
The call for applications for the international dual PhD degree programme for the academic year 2023-2024 will open on June 15th 2023. Apply by November 30th 2023. For more information FAQ An international dual PhD degree...read more
FAQ : International Dual PhD Degree
Everything you need to know about the international dual PhD degree can be found in this FAQ for the academic year 2023-2024. Read more Below are common questions about the international dual PhD : An international dual...read more
Circlechem, Giorgio Mattana’s Master’s project in Chemistry
© Giorgio Mattana L’alliance Circle U. rassemble : Université Paris Cité, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, King’s College, London, UCLouvain, l’Université d’Oslo, L’Université d’Aarhus, l’Université de Belgrade, l’Université de Pise et l’Université de Vienne. Giorgio...read more