SDG Summer School
The Learning Planet Institute is offering students at Université Paris Cité the opportunity to participate in the SDG Summer School, taking place in Paris from mid june to the end of July. In the summer of 2024, the focus will be on the theme “Prototype Open Source solutions related to Paris Olympic and Paralympic Games”.
The SDG Summer School is open to students enrolled in a higher education institution in France or abroad. The diversity of profiles is an asset, so participants coming from natural sciences, humanities, medicine, computer science, design, gaming or arts are encouraged to apply.
This summer school will take place mainly during the month of July with some preparation workshops at the end of June. All activities will take place on our campus in the 4th district of Paris. It is exclusively based on project-based learning and will be taught mainly in English.
Week 1 : Hackathon discovery of tools and deep understanding of challenges
Week 2 & 3 : Project design and implementation
Week 4: Documentation & Presentation of results
- Teams are selected for their complementary skills (medicine, biology, law, business, IT, design etc) and their abilities to jointly develop out-of-the-box solutions.
- Challenges are mentored by practitioners from international organisations and leading global health researchers in participating academic institutions.
- Each team coached by a PhD student who has relevant research experience and a clear interest in tackling the team’s specific challenge.
- An opportunity to learn hands-on about open science tools and methodologies (open data, open source hardware and software, citizen science)..
- An emphasis is placed on rapid prototyping of solutions and an evaluation through weekly pitching sessions and careful project documentation.
How to apply ?
Students can register by completing the online form.
Registration closes in April 2024
As part of Université Paris Cité's international guest researcher programme, Prof. Anne Abeillé is hosting Prof. Gabriela Bîlbîie, from the University of Bucharest in Romania. Our two professors are linguists specialising in theoretical and experimental syntax. We...
The Learning Planet Institute offers students from Université Paris Cité the opportunity to participate in the SDG Summer School, taking place in an international framework in Paris from June 24 to July 19th. Addressing sustainability issues, this year, the theme is...
The 17th edition of the L'Oréal-UNESCO France Young Talent Award for Women in Science is a reminder of the important contribution made by women scientists to solving the major environmental, health and social challenges we face today. Université Paris Cité...
The international French-language final of the Ma Thèse en 180s (My Thesis in 180s) competition took place on Thursday 5 October, bringing together 20 candidates at the Mohammed V Theatre in Rabat, Morocco. Camille Lakhlifi, a candidate from Université Paris Cité,...