The spatial centre Université de Paris
Several laboratories of Université de Paris are involved in space missions or in the analysis of space missions. The research topics are broad observation of the Earth and its inhabitants, exploration of the planets of the solar system and their satellites, observation of exoplanets, fundamental physics, analysis of extra-terrestrial samples, physics in weightlessness, biology and medicine in microgravity, exobiology.
- The Spatial Centre will strengthen Université de Paris’ support for scientific projects of its laboratories, associated with future space missions and their instruments, as well as with the analysis of data from missions in operation. It will enable the teams from Université de Paris to better respond to the opportunities of the “New Space”.
The growing presence of space in our society also raises new questions and reflections, on the legal aspects of the use of common property, the medical aspects of orbital or distant human exploration, the new perspectives in the fields of planetary defense, the economic hazards of space meteorology, space law, the duality of defense and research.
- PSUP will serve as a forum for the study of these issues, bringing together the teams from Université de Paris and promoting multi-disciplinary research.
Université de Paris has a long tradition of teaching in the field of space.
- PSUP will reinforce the attractiveness of Université de Paris’s associated academic programs, both in the engineering aspects of satellites, its on-board instruments, in the processing of space data and the value it brings to society. Lastly, it aims to promote to build bridges between academic programs and space laboratories.
By consolidating the leadership of space laboratories in their field of excellence, by promoting multidisciplinarity within the University in the field of space and by enriching the instructional offer, the Université de Paris will be able to consolidate its position among future university space centres.
Ambitions and objectives :
The activities of the Université de Paris Space Centre will be focused around 4 areas:
- Providing assistance before the projects are accepted, during the implementation and at key phases.
- Sharing resources, specific equipment related to developing scientific space instrumentation and the pooling of space know-how
- Coordinating the management of space data in the field of scientific earth observation experiments and in the fields of human and social sciences
- Supporting communication and developing partnerships with space agencies, space industry companies, the scientific communitý and the general public.
These activities serve the cross-functional development of space related research themes within the university:
- Development of space missions;
- Development of “New Space” projects (scientific equipment on nanosatellites or private platforms…) ;
- Curricula enhancement and educational offering
- Study of the relationship between the Human being, the Society and Space.
À lire aussi
The call for applications for the international dual PhD degree programme in 2021-2022 is officially open. Submit your applications before November 19th 2021. For more information FAQ Download vade-mecum flyer An...
Professor Pierre Buffet's research unit (UMRS 1134, Inserm Université de Paris), in close collaboration with the team of Professor Chrétien at Institut Pasteur, and an Australian-Indonesian team led by Professor Nick Anstey, observed in patients with...
Loss of smell, or anosmia, is one of the earliest and most commonly reported symptoms of COVID-19. But the mechanisms involved had yet to be clarified. Scientists from the Institut Pasteur, the CNRS, Inserm, Université de Paris and the Paris Public Hospital Network...
The Humanities Division at the University of Oxford and Université de Paris in partnership the CNRS, are delighted to announce a call for applications for research collaboration, within the Oxford-Université de Paris CNRS Humanities Research...