The spatial centre Université de Paris
Several laboratories of Université de Paris are involved in space missions or in the analysis of space missions. The research topics are broad observation of the Earth and its inhabitants, exploration of the planets of the solar system and their satellites, observation of exoplanets, fundamental physics, analysis of extra-terrestrial samples, physics in weightlessness, biology and medicine in microgravity, exobiology.
- The Spatial Centre will strengthen Université de Paris’ support for scientific projects of its laboratories, associated with future space missions and their instruments, as well as with the analysis of data from missions in operation. It will enable the teams from Université de Paris to better respond to the opportunities of the “New Space”.
The growing presence of space in our society also raises new questions and reflections, on the legal aspects of the use of common property, the medical aspects of orbital or distant human exploration, the new perspectives in the fields of planetary defense, the economic hazards of space meteorology, space law, the duality of defense and research.
- PSUP will serve as a forum for the study of these issues, bringing together the teams from Université de Paris and promoting multi-disciplinary research.
Université de Paris has a long tradition of teaching in the field of space.
- PSUP will reinforce the attractiveness of Université de Paris’s associated academic programs, both in the engineering aspects of satellites, its on-board instruments, in the processing of space data and the value it brings to society. Lastly, it aims to promote to build bridges between academic programs and space laboratories.
By consolidating the leadership of space laboratories in their field of excellence, by promoting multidisciplinarity within the University in the field of space and by enriching the instructional offer, the Université de Paris will be able to consolidate its position among future university space centres.
Ambitions and objectives :
The activities of the Université de Paris Space Centre will be focused around 4 areas:
- Providing assistance before the projects are accepted, during the implementation and at key phases.
- Sharing resources, specific equipment related to developing scientific space instrumentation and the pooling of space know-how
- Coordinating the management of space data in the field of scientific earth observation experiments and in the fields of human and social sciences
- Supporting communication and developing partnerships with space agencies, space industry companies, the scientific communitý and the general public.
These activities serve the cross-functional development of space related research themes within the university:
- Development of space missions;
- Development of “New Space” projects (scientific equipment on nanosatellites or private platforms…) ;
- Curricula enhancement and educational offering
- Study of the relationship between the Human being, the Society and Space.
À lire aussi
As part of the Geneva Trialogue 2021, the European research project, Crowd4SDG led an online session on March 18th called "Helping Youth Innovators turn Ideas into Action". The Geneva Trialogue was a one-day event...
Within the framework of the IdEX program, Université de Paris is offering international doctoral contracts to future PhD candidates. This year’s call is now open for applications. Sixteen thesis themes have been selected. Discover them here. ...
Everything you need to know about the international dual PhD degree can be found in this FAQ for the academic year 2020-2021. For more information click here Below are common questions about the international dual PhD : An...
The ambition of COSMICS is to develop a modeling platform around molecular spintronics and general concepts for efficient strategies to optimize the magneto-transport properties of materials and devices. COSMICS is the result of a collaboration...