Visiting PhD students
Any international PhD student who is not registered at Université Paris Cité but is admitted to one of our 119 laboratories to carry out a research stay on the basis of own funding is considered as a “visiting Phd student” (institution/grant by origin country, grant by an outside organization, etc.).
The International Relations and Strategy office accompanies « visiting PhD students » in preparing their stay at Université Paris Cité. It provides administrative and logistical support in the administrative process, particularly consular and prefectural procedures for non-European nationals, and in their search for housing.
For Visiting PhD Students
International PhD, welcomed as a «visiting PhD» at Université Paris Cité
The « visiting PhD » is requested to follow the procedure online and send via email the below mentionned documents to the International Relations and Strategy office, firstname.lastname@example.org with a minimum of 2 months before the date of arrival (the sooner, the better) :
- the pdf file from the “MoveOn” application form for visiting PhD, print it and sign it
- a C.V
- a copy of your passport
- proof of health insurance (European card)
- proof of repatriation insurance
- proof of civil liability insurance
- the invitation letter from the director of your host laboratory at Université Paris Cité (stating the dates of the mobility and the title of the research project)
- a financial support letter certifying that the researcher has the required financial resources to support his/her stay in France (the letter can mention the amount of a grant or the home university income)
- the scientific agreement completed and signed by the visiting researcher, his/her home institution, the research coordinator and the Director of the host structure.
- PhD students should also attach a “certificate” of non registration at Université Paris Cité
Upon receipt of these documents, the International relations Office of the university will be able to edit your «host agreement”, the required document to apply for a scientific visa at the French embassy.
Useful Documents to download
Useful Documents to download
To teach or carry out a research stay at Université Paris Cité :
- activate an account online (password at least 8 characters required including number, letter, special character – activation is effective upon receipt of email confirmation)
- scan your identity card or your Passport (format pdf) and photo identity (format jpeg)
- download the form (format pdf) and send it to the Strategy and International Relations office
To conduct a research stay on other sites and campuses: contact the International Relations and Strategy office.
2 months before arrival
International Relations and Strategy Office
Campus des Grands Moulins
Bâtiment des Grands Moulins – Aile A – 2e étage
5 rue Thomas Mann Paris 13e
12 rue de l’École de Médecine Paris 6e
Alexandre Loupy, winner of the Health Innovators Award
Alexandre Loupy, professor at Université Paris-Cité (AP-HP/Université Paris Cité), nephrologist at the Necker Children's Hospital, is one of the two winners awarded the prize for Innovators in Health from the Ile-de-France region. Alexandre Loupy received 25,000 euros...
Paul Boniol, Award-winning Post-doctoral Researcher Creating Predictive Algorithms
Paul Boniol, a post-doctoral researcher in computer science has won several awards for his work, which lead to the filing of 2 patents at both the national and European level. He explains his methods for analysing large volumes of data to create algorithms capable of...
Call for applications: International Dual PhD Degree Programme
The call for applications for the international dual PhD degree programme for the academic year 2023-2024 will open on June 15th 2023. Apply by November 30th 2023. For more information FAQ An international dual PhD degree...
FAQ : International Dual PhD Degree
Everything you need to know about the international dual PhD degree can be found in this FAQ for the academic year 2023-2024. Read more Below are common questions about the international dual PhD : An international dual...