Visiting PhD students
Any international PhD student who is not registered at Université Paris Cité but is admitted to one of our 119 laboratories to carry out a research stay on the basis of own funding is considered as a “visiting Phd student” (institution/grant by origin country, grant by an outside organization, etc.).
The International Relations and Strategy office accompanies « visiting PhD students » in preparing their stay at Université Paris Cité. It provides administrative and logistical support in the administrative process, particularly consular and prefectural procedures for non-European nationals, and in their search for housing.
For Visiting PhD Students
International PhD, welcomed as a «visiting PhD» at Université Paris Cité
The « visiting PhD » is requested to follow the procedure online and send via email the below mentionned documents to the International Relations and Strategy office, email@example.com with a minimum of 2 months before the date of arrival (the sooner, the better) :
- the pdf file from the “MoveOn” application form for visiting PhD, print it and sign it
- a C.V
- a copy of your passport
- proof of health insurance (European card)
- proof of repatriation insurance
- proof of civil liability insurance
- the invitation letter from the director of your host laboratory at Université Paris Cité (stating the dates of the mobility and the title of the research project); The letter in English must have an exemplary in French.
- a financial support letter certifying that the researcher has the required financial resources to support his/her stay in France (the letter can mention the amount of a grant or the home university income);
- the attached scientific agreement duly completed and signed by the visiting researcher, his/her home institution, the research coordinator and the Director of the host structure.
- D students should also attach a “certificate” of non registration at Université Paris Cité
Upon receipt of these documents, the International relations Office of the university will be able to edit your «host agreement”, the required document to apply for a scientific visa at the French embassy.
Useful Documents to download
Useful Documents to download
To teach or carry out a research stay at Université Paris Cité :
- activate an account online (password at least 8 characters required including number, letter, special character – activation is effective upon receipt of email confirmation)
- scan your identity card or your Passport (format pdf) and photo identity (format jpeg)
- download the form (format pdf) and send it to the Strategy and International Relations office
To conduct a research stay on other sites and campuses: contact the International Relations and Strategy office.
2 months before arrival
The CTWS Leiden 2022 ranking was released on June 22nd. Published by Leiden University in the Netherlands, it is recognized for its objectivity and transparent methodology in line with research standards.
As part of the PAUSE programme, launched by the Collège de France, Université Paris Cité supports and welcomes researchers in difficult situations who are forced into exile by enabling them to find refuge and continue their work in France. Since 2018, more than seven...
Université Paris Cité is joining forces against all forms of discrimination, including homophobia, transphobia and biphobia. It is committed to raising awareness and supporting the entire university community with regard to these issues, particularly through the...
Differences in placebo effects across studies can bias the results of relative effectiveness between interventions. Evidence synthesis and network meta-analysis offer a unique opportunity to study this phenomenon.