Visiting PhD students
Any international PhD student who is not registered at Université Paris Cité but is admitted to one of our 118 laboratories to carry out a research stay on the basis of own funding is considered as a “visiting Phd student” (institution/grant by origin country, grant by an outside organization, etc.).
The International Relations and Strategy office accompanies « visiting PhD students » in preparing their stay at Université Paris Cité. It provides administrative and logistical support in the administrative process, particularly consular and prefectural procedures for non-European nationals, and in their search for housing.
For Visiting PhD Students
International PhD, welcomed as a «visiting PhD» at Université Paris Cité
The « visiting PhD » is requested to follow the procedure online and send via email the below mentionned documents to the International Relations and Strategy office, email@example.com with a minimum of 2 months before the date of arrival (the sooner, the better) :
- the pdf file from the “MoveOn” application form for visiting PhD, print it and sign it
- a C.V
- a copy of your passport
- proof of health insurance (European card)
- proof of repatriation insurance
- proof of civil liability insurance
- the invitation letter from the director of your host laboratory at Université Paris Cité (stating the dates of the mobility and the title of the research project)
- a financial support letter certifying that the researcher has the required financial resources to support his/her stay in France (the letter can mention the amount of a grant or the home university income)
- the scientific agreement completed and signed by the visiting researcher, his/her home institution, the research coordinator and the Director of the host structure.
- PhD students should also attach a “certificate” of non registration at Université Paris Cité
Upon receipt of these documents, the International relations Office of the university will be able to edit your «host agreement”, the required document to apply for a scientific visa at the French embassy.
Useful Documents to download
Useful Documents to download
To teach or carry out a research stay at Université Paris Cité :
- activate an account online (password at least 8 characters required including number, letter, special character – activation is effective upon receipt of email confirmation)
- scan your identity card or your Passport (format pdf) and photo identity (format jpeg)
- download the form (format pdf) and send it to the Strategy and International Relations office
To conduct a research stay on other sites and campuses: contact the International Relations and Strategy office.
2 months before arrival
Equality Month is back in March 2024 for a 4th edition! To mark the occasion and throughout the month, visit our website and social networks to discover a wide range of events and content to raise awareness: verbal self-defence workshops, film projections,...
The 17th edition of the L'Oréal-UNESCO France Young Talent Award for Women in Science is a reminder of the important contribution made by women scientists to solving the major environmental, health and social challenges we face today. Université Paris Cité...
Discover on playback the Masterclass in History with Carlo Ginzburg that took place on December 14th at the Musée Carnvalet-Histoire de Paris. An exceptional event, co-organised by the Laboratoire Identités Cultures et Territoires – Les Europes dans le Monde (ICT) of...
By combining data collected by the SEIS seismometer operated by the InSight mission on Mars with available orbital data, a scientific team has revealed that Martian seismic activity may be responsible for dust avalanches In certain areas, the researchers found,...