MASTER IN INTERNATIONAL LAW, INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS AND DIPLOMACY
Language(s) of instruction: English
Length of study: 2 years, full time
Partner: Sorbonne Université Abu Dhabi
Course Location: Sorbonne Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Degrees awarded: Master in International Law, International Relations and Diplomacy
Entry Requirements: A bachelor in the relevant field of study
Language pre-requisites: Good level in English (TOEFL score of 550, 213 CBT, 79-80 iBT or an IELTS score of 6.0 valid for at least two years)
The degree in International Law, International Relations and Diplomacy and Defense and International Security is taught in English and covers a total of four semesters across two years. The exclusively designed course schedule includes evening and weekend classes in consideration of students who intend to combine their studies with work.
This multidisciplinary programme has two sub-tracks:
- The International Law, International Relations and Diplomacy courses introduce students to the frameworks and processes underlying international relations. Students will learn the key intellectual tools that expose you to contemporary international relations. Specialist study modules focus on the forms of organization, dispute settlement, the law of treaties, law of the sea and rules governing diplomatic relations.
- Students that choose to follow Defense and International Security courses will be introduced to history of national and international security within a multidisciplinary framework. They will learn key tools about war mechanism, security policies and doctrines to better understand defense issues in today’s world.
Skills and competencies developed
- Students will study economic and financial relations, international trade, economic law in its institutional aspects followed by international criminal and human rights law, environment and sustainable development and nuclear law.
- Explore the historical and geopolitical contexts of international relations, providing a working knowledge of tried and tested diplomatic techniques.
- Acquire the theoretical and technical knowledge, along with an overall vision of the issues involved in defense, peace-keeping, intelligence services, international security and diplomacy.